Saturday, October 14, 2006

Hooded Cobra





Whilst chatting to a neighbour I noticed a snake slide under a bush, I only saw the tail end, my neighbour said it was a cobra. His father in law came out and started to poke about in the bush. He then lit a piece of sack soaked in kerosene and poked about with that. No sign of the snake so he chopped the bush down and started to burn it, all the time barefoot! The snake never showed out of the bush. However an hour or so later it appeared at the back of the house, so did half the neighbours, the snake went into a bush again but this time made a run for it when the poking about began. The dog was barking at it, so the snake turned and did the whole hooded cobra bit, I took a couple of photos till it headed my way.
Last I know the snake had hidden in some bricks, I went out, a safe option if I had stayed then the safest place was on top of the garden wall as demonstrated by the little girl.
It turns out that the snake had started the day three houses away and was been chased house to house?