Saturday, August 26, 2006

Directory Enquiries

Tried to get the number of a Guest House in Ella, rang directory enquiries of Sri Lanka Telecom, the first time they gave me two numbers, first one turned out to be a fax machine second a motel. Rang again this time one number but it turned out to be a hotel in a different town. Rang again this time told there is no listing for the GH and ring tourist info, the number they gave for tourist info was wrong. When I finally looked up and rang tourist info the office was shut, mid morning on a Saturday! Bear in mind that each time I rang I had to go through multiple choices and wait for an operator. I had spent an hour!
It is part of the frustration here that the simple things take ages, this tends to just be accepted as how it is. As they say over here ‘what we do?’.