Saturday, March 04, 2006

Last few games of Tennis

I played social tennis in the sunshine this afternoon, I will miss that, just have to hope there are courts in Sri Lanka. On the home straight now, getting everything sorted, cleared plenty of room to store my stuff while I am away.
I have flooded the charity shops with the unwanted but useful and recycled the rest. Sent letters to family and friends telling them what is going on, see how many find this blog site. Place your bets now.

For Volunteers, one of the things that you may find hard to do is get regular exercise, in the heat or humidity even walking around can be hard work. I did do some cycling and played a few games of badminton on an evening. Similar problems if you end up somewhere cold, so give some thought to how important sport or exercise is. I did a fair bit of swimming but that isn't always an option. So it is important to know your expectations and do the homework.